It may be before 7am (and before coffee!) but I still manage to semi-coherently discuss my latest knitting, spinning, and dyeing exploits. Enjoy!
(You can subscribe on iTunes, too)
On the Needles:
- Striped afterthought heel socks for sister – yarn = Paton’s Kroy Socks Stripes (2 skeins/332 yards – 166 yards ea) in 55520/Rusty Stripes from AC Moore, 64 sts on US 1.5′s (2.5mm)
- Eyeblink shawl by Heidi Alander – yarn = hand-dyed 75% SW Merino, 25% Nylon fingering in “India Ink” (462 yards) on US 7’s (4.5mm)
- Finished Into the Whirled Ramboullet in Mercy Hartigan (~4 oz). Ended with 236 yards fractal spun and 34 yards plied on itself, for 270 yards of a 2-ply worsted weight
- Started Crown Mountain Farms Fiber Falkland in Walpurgis (it’s a Black Sabbath reference–how did I not get that?!) (8 oz), which will probably be a 2-ply. (Crown Mountain appears to not be selling any fiber…will try to get more info!)
- Fun experimenting with new techniques, and making some up myself!